Defending champion for trio. - do they have to be the same people who actually won the title or can it be different people, like a small group or is there a percentage that has to be the same?
According to DIES trios are grouped with small group, teams and formations, therefore the team name defends the title and the dancers can change.
These rules can be found in the Rules Book, pages 22 and 24.
- A question about age group mini kids
- A question about age groups and formations.
- Can you please answer a question for me about rules for the Tap Championships?
- Under BOOK 3, RULES FOR IDO DANCE DISCIPLINES, number 2, Jazz. It is written "suitable footwear must be worn." What is "suitable footwear?" If the choreography works better barefoot, is that considered suitable footwear. Can they use socks?
- Defending champion for trio. - do they have to be the same people who actually won the title or can it be different people, like a small group or is there a percentage that has to be the same?
- Small group - juniors dancing up in the adult category. What is the rule on how many juniors can dance with the adults? Can you have 2 junior and 2 adults?
- Can dancers who live in Spain, who train in Gibraltar, compete in an IDO event for Gibraltar?
- Please can you clarify for me that in a Tap Formation can have a backdrop that is mounted to a frame? Also is there a restrictive height it must be?
- How do I becoming an international Judge?
- Acrobatic Movements are not allowed in Jazz Dance
- As from when are the lifts in children categories in performing arts allowed?
- Is there something like "IDO Professional Dance Instructor"?
- The feature stays, the title changes
- Age Limit for Adult 2
- Does size matter?
- The three year span in the duo division
- Can Street Dancers change the routine between rounds?
- Nominate World Champion to dance for your country in European Championship
- Live Music in Solos and Duos
- Which is the preferred Ballet style?
- Can a Junior dance in an Adult Formation?
- Can I wear my sponsor's logo in a competition?
- Animals in the act
- Changed surname - new IDO license?
- Two committees for Folk Dance?
- Is it possible to defend the World Cup?
- Are there any rules regarding wearing of pointe shoes in IDO SHOWDANCE sections?
- How can I take part in IDO competitions? Can I give IDO classes?
- Why is there no Adults 2 category in Street Dance Show Small Groups?
- IDO rules regarding Stage Props in Tap Dance
- How can an individual enter an IDO competition?
- Can IDO rules be changed?
- Can 8 dancers be enrolled as a Small Group?
- Good Start for new Feature
- Which is the youngest age you can compete in an IDO competition?
- Can you enter another continent's Championship?
- Questions regarding Tap Dance rules
- What happens with your IDO membership when you move to another country?
- Question regarding recent Rule Clarification
- First Question to our President Bill Fowler
- Introducing a new IDO feature: Ask the President